21 February 2014

New bike alert

I’m looking to upgrade, and this is what I want


I think it’s safe to say that in just a short time I’ve become something of a cycling convert. I’ve had an awful lot of use out of my little hybrid. Commuting to work most days as well as heading out for rides on Sundays, through rain or shine (mostly rain!).

When The Chap bought me this bike we deliberately went for a cheap model as I had no idea if I’d carry on cycling – we didn’t want to spend hundreds of pounds just for the bike to end up in the shed for the next two years before getting Freegled. I also particularly wanted a hybrid so that I could use it for both commuting and for cycling along the River Lea towpath if I so wished.

At £599 this is apparently an entry-level road bike, although 600 quid sounds quite expensive to me
But now I feel it’s time to move on. I’ve always loved road bikes, or racers as I called them when I was a kid. After doing some research and trying out some bikes, including the very lovely Bianchi Women's C2C Nirone 7 Dama Sora, I have made my decision: the Felt Women’s ZW100. At £599 this is apparently an entry-level road bike, although 600 quid sounds quite expensive to me.

The bike has been specially designed for female riders and made for comfort, with a ‘relaxed geometry’, which allows a more upright riding position than some road bikes. This means it should be ideal for regular commuting.

I’ll be ordering the bike after payday (end of the month!), and will of course blog about it when it arrives.

The Felt Women's ZW100

No comments:

Post a Comment